Patient care is one of the most important things for all healthcare professionals. This is why at-home care for infection is the top priority – it takes care of the patient in the best possible manner.
The correct infection control is only possible when you use the proper tools. There are several precautions that healthcare workers should take to ensure that at-home care for infection is managed correctly.
Here are some of the infection control methods you should be using to maximize your at-home care for infection prevention.
Hire Licensed Home Healthcare Workers
The right staff can ensure that your family and friends can remain living at home and retain some independence.
Infection Control Techniques
Strict and regular training for staff is essential. Training ensures the team is up to date with the proper infection control techniques.
Practice Good Hygiene
Staff should make sure that they also have high standard practices. This will help to reduce the risk of infection.
Good hygiene includes the following:
- Hand washing using the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) guidelines on handwashing
- Clean and disinfect surfaces regularly using the correct disinfectants.
- Social distancing can protect you and those around you. Limit physical contact, and remain a safe distance apart.
Medical Supplies For Infection Control
Here are some medical supplies you should have stocked:
- Alcohol swabs and sanitizers such as Sani-Cloth Plus Germicidal Disposable Cloth
- Disinfecting caps are ideal for homes where infusions are required.
Proper infection control methods keep staff and care users safe.